Now that Costco is selling strawberry-flavored cream cheese, I decided to combine the brownie mix with the cream cheese spread to create a chocolate-strawberry concoction.
I threw a few chocolate chips on top, and voila!
And then I gave one to my husband...still warm out of the oven...with a little vanilla ice cream on top. He called it "pure perfection."
One brownie mix
About 1 1/2 cups of cream cheese (I prefer the flavored kinds from Costco...in this recipe, you'll use 1/2 of the carton)
1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup sugar
red food coloring (optional)
1. Grease and flour a 9 x 13" pan. Preheat your oven, of course.
2. Make the brownies first. Follow the directions on the box. If you use the Ghirardelli mixes, you'll add 1 egg, 1/3 cup water and 1/3 cup oil. Spread the brownie mix in the pan.
3. Mix the cream cheese (1 block, 1 tub or 1/2 carton of the Costco kind) with 1 egg and 1/3 cup sugar. Add red food coloring if you want a prettier look. I mix this with a mixer so it's all nice and smooth. Just mixing by hand won't work as well.
4. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the brownie mixture. Swirl with a knife to make it look pretty.
5. Bake for about 35-45 minutes. Baking time all depends on your oven. Bake at 320 degrees...or 160 degrees if you're using a Taiwan oven. I'm not very scientific on the baking times or temperatures. I just know how my little convection oven works, so I apologize that I'm a little vague on this part.
Don't overbake, though...nobody likes rock-hard brownies.
ENJOY! Let me know if you try my recipe!